Sharing is caring!Reading Time: 2 minutes
As part of your overall marketing strategy, you need to embrace social media. Social media give you unprecedented access to your potential customer base, something that was completely unheard of before. Social media can also allow you to garner great insights into your customer and the success of your marketing campaigns. However, to be successful, you have to develop great content and post in a strategic way. You may well have some success with individual posts if you have no strategy behind them, but if it is not part of a long-term goal, you will not be able to build on this success and create better and more targeted content going forward.
Before you get down to creating a social media strategy, you fust need to go back to basics. Your brand is essential to your posting ability. This is because your brand will be a well-researched philosophy that is designed to connect with your target audience. That means that all your marketing material, including your social media content, can draw on this foundation and be richer and more hard-hitting as a result.
Without post goals, you are not going to be able to monitor the success of any given post in any meaningful way. Before you post something, the content within the post will be designed to create a specific effect, such as driving traffic to the website, generating customer engagement, extending your reach, etc. There are many different reasons for a post, and you need to have these set out before. That way, you can apply the correct metrics and KPIs (key performance indicators) to the posts so you can measure the results and work out what works and what does not with a view to creating better targeting content in the future.
You need a plan of action to succeed. So once you know your goal, you need to develop a style and approach for each post purpose. Think about the language such as emotive or education and when each would be best used. Think about how to incorporate your brand’s key messages. A good rule to follow is using 20% of your posts for promotions, i.e., products and your brand. The other 80% is then left for customer engagement, creating a further reach, etc. Generally speaking, you need less is more too. Don’t think 20 posts a day is a good idea, think two or three great posts. Then create a posting calendar.
Now you finally get to the fun part, developing high-quality content. Remember you need to create content in alignment with your plan, and you need to use a range of content types, such as images, written word, memes, videos, etc., and you need this content to be high-quality so ensure you use the best equipment, you may even find it is necessary to use a video production agency for your video content. Always quality check everything that goes out and even use members of your staff to test the content before it goes out.
Sharing is caring!
[…] most challenging part of running your business’s social media platform is coming up with new content ideas. Juggling multiple social media profiles while updating them with fresh posts is tough work, […]
[…] have to provide valuable content to build an audience. Everyone loves a good list of travel tips like the best places to hang out […]
2 Comments on Ways to Create Great Content for your Social Media Account