This is one of my favourite spaces to share our new branding and website launches, along side some fantastic business and finance information.
Also be sure to check out our podcast blogs for "Passive Profit Strategy". An informational podcast on how to grow your passive income streams within your business.
May 15, 2019
Teachable is a website / product that lets you create and host online courses for your audience. They provide an extremely user friendly interface for both course creators and students. It’s honestly never been easier to set up and start selling.
Now one of the most common requests I hear as a web designer is can I run courses from my website? Or can I run a membership site from my website? Well, technically yes you can, but it’s probably not the best idea.
– a premium plugin (anywhere from $19 a month to $500 a year)
– a lot of code in order to style it like your website
– we need to integrate secure payment methods for your customers
– we need to create a seamless account space so students can access their content easily
– every new course you have will need to be added directly onto your website with a sales page built out for it
– their basic tier is free! (amazing, right!?)
– their super user friendly interface for both teachers and students is just fantastic
– they host all of your content, meaning that as all of your course text and videos are with them, it won’t slow down your website at all!
– they take care of customer payments, meaning you get a nice payout once a month and you are not liable for any kind of data breaches.
– there is an app, so your students can access your courses from their mobiles easily.
– they track student progress and you can even automatically issue a certificate at the end of courses.
– you can even add tests / quizzes into your modules. So each lesson can have an “exam” at the end of it.
– want your students to market for you? You can add affiliates to your school.
– Teachable also lets you set up sales pages for each course, so all you need to do is add a button to your website that links through. Or even just share the sales page if you don’t have a website.